Date: September 14 - 15, 2018
Location: IPHCA Institute for Learning, 500 S. Ninth St., Springfield IL
About the Training
This is an advanced level training, built upon the curriculum of IPHCA’s “CHC Clinical Leaders Training Institute-Introduction” (which is designed for new and aspiring leaders). The “CHC Clinical Leaders Training Institute-Advanced” is designed to enhance the knowledge and skills of current community health center clinical leaders around various aspects of operations, management, and the changing health care environment. In addition to CHC specific discussions and case study activities, participants will also gain knowledge regarding provider productivity, reducing burnout, finance, the clinician’s role in advocacy, quality improvement in the changing healthcare landscape, quality incentive programs at MCOs, and conflict resolution. Presenters include local and national experts, most of whom have extensive experience working in FQHC’s. Networking opportunities will be available among peers and program faculty.
By attending this training, participants will:
- Expand understanding of techniques to improve productivity while promoting provider wellness in efforts to prevent clinician burnout.
- Obtain knowledge on the importance of the clinician’s role in advocacy, for patients and health centers.
- Develop enhanced knowledge around utilizing IT for quality improvement (QI) at health centers.
- Build on their existing proficiency as it relates to quality improvement and increase understanding of the QI role in the changing healthcare landscape.
- Gain ideas for implementing research into the health center setting through QI.
- Learn about important quality incentive measures from IL Managed Care Organizations.
- Acquire specific knowledge regarding how to work with finance staff around financial benchmarks and budgets.
- Enhance their skills around managing patient, staff and board conflict.
- Recognize the importance of the clinician’s role in advocacy, for both patients and health centers.
Various clinical leaders, including Medical Directors, Dental Directors, Behavioral Health Directors and Lead Clinical Staff
The “CHC Clinical Leaders Training Institute-Advanced” is approved by the Illinois Department of Public Health for 11.75 CE hours for dentists.
This Live activity, CHC Clinical Leaders Training Institute-Advanced, with a beginning date of 09/14/2018, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 11.75 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- IPHCA Member: $350.00/per attendee
- Non Member: $450.00/per attendee
IPHCA has negotiated a discounted rate of $104.00 plus applicable taxes. The cut-off date is August 23, 2018.