Agenda - March 13, 2013
IPHCA offers periodic meetings to provide opportunities for peer-to-peer networking among clinicians/members of IPHCA on behavioral health issues. The meetings are a venue to promote information sharing, learning, and networking among behavioral health clinicians, and other interested staff at member CHCs. In addition, through the discussions, participants assist IPHCA in identifying and addressing members’ needs as they relate to behavioral health information and resources. Jerry Lowell, LCSW, Division Manager of Behavioral Health Services at Aunt Martha’s Youth Service Center, is currently serving as facilitator at the Discussion Group meetings.
The group focuses on specific topics that were ranked of being of most interest and importance to participants. Representatives from about 20 health centers attend either in person or via teleconference. Following is a list of activities and action items that have resulted or are currently underway as a result of the Discussion Group deliberations:
Activities and Action Items
- Information on behavioral health programs and services of participating centers was compiled and distributed to discussion group participants.
- IPHCA Governmental Affairs staff are participating in meetings and utilizing information gleaned through the group discussion in their work with the Governor’s Office and HFS.
- Information has been compiled to address coding and reimbursement questions and issues.
- Various information and resources (e.g. integrated models, screening tools, training opportunities, etc.,) have been disseminated to discussion group members and are being compiled and made available on the IPHCA website.
- The Discussion Group has identified a list of potential training topics for IPHCA members.
- Discussion Group Participants are sharing their program and service models with other centers.
- Discussion Group participants are developing articles for upcoming issues of the IPHCA Health Source newsletter.