Date: February 10, 2017
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Location: IPHCA Institute for Learning, 500 S. Ninth St., Second Floor, Springfield, IL 62701
About The Training
With the attestation deadline coming up, attend the Meaningful Use training to learn important details. Join speakers from CHITREC, IL HITREC and the Meaningful Use Help Desk for a day on Meaningful Use. Learn about Meaningful Use and the measure. Learn what’s new in the Attestation process. Bring your laptop to begin attesting during the training.
- Understand the Meaningful Use Measures for 2016 and 2017
- Focus on the Attestation Process
- Understand how MIPS and MACRA relate to Meaningful Use
- Understand Clinical Quality Measures and Value-Based Payments
- Introduce Stage 3 measures
Pre-training Homework: Each attendee will have some homework before the day of the training. Details will be sent with registration. It is recommended that attendees have an active Impact login with access to eMIPP for eligible providers. Assistance is available at firstname.lastname@example.org or 855 684-3571.
Each attendee must bring a:
- Copy of their Clinician List and NPI numbers
- CMS registration (and attestation for Medicare MU) closes on February 28.
- Attesting for the Medicaid MU program in Illinois is open until March 31.
- This means that health centers in Illinois must register for adopt, implement, upgrade (AIU), and demonstrate meaningful use of certified EHR technology by February 28, and attest for AIU and all others by March 31.
This training is intended for Meaningful Use attesters, enrollment personnel and billing coordinators and anyone who wants to understand the meaningful use program.
Presenter – Janet Baxter, MBA, RHIA, Program Manager
Ms. Baxter’s role at Alliance of Chicago Community Health Services is to increase the Meaningful Use of electronic records, as defined by CMS and the various state programs. She has many years’ experience in process improvement and workflow design. She holds an M.B.A. from University of Chicago Booth School of Business, a B.S. from the University of Puget Sound, and a graduate certificate in Health Information Management from University of Illinois at Chicago. Before coming to the Alliance, Ms. Baxter was an EHR trainer at Presence Health, working with physicians as they moved from paper records. She learned the Meaningful Use requirements as an intern at CHITREC, Chicago’s HIT regional extension center. As part of her current role, Ms. Baxter supports Illinois’ Meaningful Use Help Desk for Medicaid participants around the state. She is also an adjunct professor with the HIM Department at Resurrection University in Chicago.
- IPHCA Members: $150/per attendee
- Non-Members: $200/per attendee